Saturday 10 October 2015

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak

This Pepper Steak needs minimal ingredients and minimal hands on time to give you a beautiful, Asian-inspired meal that the whole family will love.




It's time for the Fall Addition of the Freaky Friday blog hop (Well.. SPRING for me!). The Freaky Friday event consists of a whole heap of lovely bloggers who each get secretly assigned to make something from another participants blog. It's great fun and also a great way for all our readers to find new and exciting blogs to follow.

 I was assigned to a blog I have adored for a long time - The Magical Slow Cooker. If you like using your slow cooker to prepare all sorts of meals then this is absolutely the place for you! Our lovely host Sarah lives in Oregon with her Husband and sweet young daughter. She is SO good at what she does that she even has a cookbook!


After spending quite a significant amount of time looking around (and bookmarking way too many recipes), I eventually settled on this beautiful recipe for Pepper Steak.

This was SO easy to make and the flavor was sensational. Since it's not spicy, it's an Asian-inspired dish that is sure to please even those fussy eaters in your family. 


 This Pepper Steak was lovely with both rice and noodles. It would also be amazing in a sandwich or wrap - It's super versatile!


Here's a full list of everyone who has participated!

A Dish Of Daily Life || A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures || An Affair from the Heart || Aunt Bee’s Recipes || Belle of the Kitchen || Cooking on a Budget || Full Belly Sisters || Honey and Birch || LeMoine Family Kitchen || Pic-Nic || The Flavor Bender || The Foodie Affair || The Magical Slow Cooker || Who Needs A Cape || Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen


Slow Cooker Pepper Steak


Serves 4

700 g (1.5 lbs) beef, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced thick1 red bell pepper, sliced thick
1 white onion, sliced
1/2 Cup beef stock
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground garlic
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. brown sugar



1. Place the beef, bell peppers and onions in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Set aside.

2. In a small bowl combine the stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, black pepper, and brown sugar, whisk until the cornstarch dissolves. 


3. Pour this sauce over the beef, peppers and onions in the slow cooker.

4. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Serve over steamed rice or noodles.





21 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, Nic! :D I LOVE crock pot recipes and will give this a try soon! Nice choice for Freaky Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this recipe big time! The slow cooker is a life saver and I can't wait to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my slow cooker, and Sarah's blog! :) Thank you for being a consistent part of our group, and for pretending it's fall when it's spring! ;) Totally didn't think about that! LOL Great recipe, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you got to pick a recipe from my blog! I love your blog and your photos, your pepper steak turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The slow cooker is what helped become less afraid of cooking! And Sarah's blog is great - I love what you did with her recipe!! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I love being able to make amazing meals like this with ease—crockpots rule!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the simplicity of this dish - good choice Nicole. I think I have to use my slow cooker more now that I see this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that picture is so good I just want to dive in and eat - perfect dish for autumn:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pepper steak - and I love it in the slow cooker! This looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks absolutely delicious! I've never made pepper steak, but I have a feeling that my family would really like it. And I love that it is made in the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love slow cooked meals and will put this one on the menu this week! That sauce looks simple and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite meals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This slow cooker wonder not only sounds delicious, your photos clearly show just how mouthwatering it is; great job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple recipe but packed with flavor. Nice pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks delicious!! I will have to make it soon :) I love asian inspired dishes! It's perfect to make any time of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so delicious and it's so easy. Great for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love finding easy new slow cooker dishes and your recipe looks delish! A must-try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect comfort food, I think I could overindulge with this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pepper steak is one of my family's favorite dishes to order from our local Asian restaurant. I think I'll surprise them with this at home. :) Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete