Monday 14 November 2016

White Chocolate and Berry Mousse

White Chocolate and Raspberries are a match made in heaven, and who doesn't love a good mousse? This simple, egg free mousse takes no time to prepare and is a great dessert to enjoy year round.



Many of you will know that desserts are my absolute weakness. I'm a complete sucker for dessert. I'd rather pass on dinner and go straight for a huge dessert, if people didn't look at me like a complete weirdo. But out of all the different kinds of desserts, I'd have to say that mousse is my favourite. There's just something about that light and airy texture that can't be beat!


 The sweetness of the chocolate with the tartness of the berries combines to give a perfectly rounded dessert. I used raspberries in my berry syrup and topped with mixed berries to serve. Feel free to customize this and use whatever berries take your fancy!


This is a great dessert to serve to guests. It's made ahead of time and it's sure to please and impress.


What makes this mousse extra awesome, in my opinion, is that unlike most mousse recipes, it contains no eggs meaning it's pregnancy friendly too! YAY! This excites me a lot as it turns out the worst part of pregnancy is all the delicious things you can't eat! I've already got a mental list of all the food I want my hubby to bring me after baby is born!


White Chocolate and Berry Mousse


Serves 4

180 g white chocolate
90 mL milk, warmed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 leaf gelatine, soaked
180 mL cream
1 Cup frozen raspberries
1/3 Cup caster sugar
1 splash of extra vanilla

1. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave (in 30 second bursts) or over a double boiler. When melted and smooth, remove from the heat and set aside.

2. Add the softened gelatine to the warm milk. Mix well and stir into the melted chocolate. Add the vanilla.

3. Whip the cream into soft peaks and gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Divide between 4 glasses and refrigerate until set.

4. Make a berry syrup by placing raspberries, mixed berries, or other frozen fruit in a saucepan along with the sugar and a dash of vanilla. Bring to a gentle simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and spread over the top of the chilled mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment