Tuesday 17 June 2014

Chicken, Bacon, and Spinach Quiche

There's just something about quiche that I really love. Maybe it's the fact that you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or maybe it's that it's so incredibly easy to make. Or maybe it's just the cheesey, eggy deliciousness?


To be completely honest, I didn't come up with the ingredient combination in this quiche. That credit goes to Emmet, who came up with this in the middle of the store. 


I absolutely LOVED this quiche, this is definitely my new favorite quiche. It keeps exceptionally well too. It will last in the fridge for a few days.


Chicken, Bacon, and Spinach Quiche


Serves 6

Short Crust Pastry (homemade or store brought)
4 eggs
1 Cup trim milk
1/2 Cup reduced fat cream
1/2 Cup self raising flour
150 g (5.5 oz) chicken, cooked and shredded
6 rashers streaky bacon, diced
1 onion, finely diced
1 Cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1 Cup grated cheese (I use Edam)
salt and pepper to season.

1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F) and grease a quiche or pie dish. Roll the pastry into the dish (you can blind bake if you like!).

2. Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, and flour together in a large bowl. Heat a dash of oil in a fry pan and fry the bacon and onion for a few minutes.

3. Add the chicken, bacon, onion, spinach, and cheese to the bowl with the egg mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Pour over the prepared pastry and bake for 45 minutes, until the quiche is cooked through.

5. Serve warm or cold for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Leftovers make a fantastic lunch the next day :)

16 comments:

  1. I have only had quiche one time... This makes me think I want to try it again! It looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kecia :) It really is delicious! I am already looking forward to making it again.

      Delete
  2. I haven't made quiche in a while, your recipe sounds delicious. Will have to make one maybe for a family brunch. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I've pinned/shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiche is one of my favorite dishes and great for any meal. Looks great Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janette! Glad you like the recipe :)

      Delete
  4. How funny... am actually working on a quiche recipe right now...yours looks amazing! A definite must-try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to seeing your quiche recipe Linda, I bet it will be fantastic :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome idea, I'm so glad you took your bf grocery shopping! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan! Oh I drag him along almost every week :)

      Delete
  6. I love quiche for dinner! This looks fantastic! Love the bacon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG drooling!! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love quiche because it's one of those dishes that can be eaten at any meal and love the flavor combos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ate a while ago but I could eat a hunk of your quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new quiche photos Nicole! Now for my mouth is watering and can't wait to try it! Congrats on getting your Ph.D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds lovely. Going to give this a go. thanks for sharing this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete