Sunday 8 October 2017

Raspberry and Caramel Brownies

 Brownies seem to have an endless amount of gorgeous flavors, here I've combined a delightfully gooey dark chocolate brownie with raspberries and caramel.


I really love making brownies, not only are they one of the most delicious baked chocolaty treats, but they are also so incredibly quick and easy to make. Only one bowl and less than ten minutes of prep. Baking couldn't be any simpler!


A few weeks ago my hubby suggested that he'd like some chocolate brownies with raspberries inside. I took the suggestion on board but when it came to baking them for him I decided that I really felt like a brownie with some lovely chunks of caramel filled chocolate inside so I combined the two together, with a perfectly delicious result!


When making brownies, I always recommend using a good quality dark chocolate in the batter, I never use a specific baking chocolate, just a block I enjoy eating! 


I used frozen raspberries in my brownies, they are so much cheaper than fresh and easy to grab straight out of the freezer. Just throw them in still frozen.

Raspberry and Caramel Brownies


Makes about 12 large brownies

200 g butter
200 g dark chocolate (I use 70% cocoa solids)
1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
 4 large eggs
1/2 Cup plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 Cup raspberries
1/2 Cup caramello chocolate, broken into squares

1. Preheat oven to 180C and line the base and sides of a spring form brownie pan.

2. In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter and chocolate together and mix with a spatula until smooth.

3. Whisk in the sugar and the eggs, then sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Stir in the raspberries and caramel chocolate and mix to combine.

4. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the brownie is crisp on the outside and has lost most of it's juggle but is still gooey in the centre.

5. Leave in the tin to cool before removing and cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment