Fish cakes are a simple, flavorsome dinner. This recipe is packed full of Thai flavors, for a meal sure to please any lover of Asian food.
These fish cakes have a lovely combination of both fresh white fleshed fish and prawns (or shrimp as those in the USA would say). They are super simple to make and very quick to cook. I served them alongside coconut rice with lime juice and coriander and it make a perfect weeknight meal.
I hardly ever cook fish. I love fish but I am always so worried about cooking it properly. Mostly not overcooking it! But with a recipe like this, it's so much more forgiving!
Thai flavors, like fresh chili, lime, and coriander, work wonderfully with the shrimp and fish. This is really such a flavor packed meal! It's a great way to enjoy a healthy meal.
Thai Prawn and Fish Cakes
250 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
250 g white fish, roughly chopped
500 g prawns, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
1/4 Cup plain flour
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp cumin powder
1/4 Cup soy sauce, salt reduced
1/4 Cup sweet chili sauce
lime juice to taste
Coconut rice, with chopped coriander and chili flakes
1. Boil the potatoes until cooked. Drain, return to the saucepan and mash.
2. Place the fish, prawns, curry paste, coriander, egg, flour, garlic, fish sauce, and cumin into a food processor and process to combine.
3. Transfer to the mashed potatoes and mix well. Divide into 12 portions. and shape into patties.
4. Heat oil in a large fry pan and cook each fish cake for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden and the fish and prawn cooked.
5. Make the dipping sauce by combining the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
6. Serve the fish cakes with coconut rice and dipping sauce on the side.