Tuesday 10 February 2015

Valentine's Day Sweet Treats

When I think of Valentine's Day I think sweet treats - especially chocolate and berries, so here is my collection of perfect sweet breakfasts, desserts, and gifts for your Valentine.



Let's start with breakfast. The first couple are obvious breakfast ideas. The second half, well, breakfast, dessert, or sweet snack. Take your pick!

1. Lemon and Ricotta Pancakes.


Quick and easy and the perfect balance between the sweet pancake batter and sour lemon. Topped with berries and maple syrup they are perfect. 



Another breakfast classic - waffles. The buttermilk makes these waffles light and airy. They are especially delicious topped with strawberries, cream, and maple syrup.



These mini cakes are really great. They take no time to whip up at all and have a beautiful cake-like texture. Of course you could make this in a large cake tin too, rather than a muffin pan. Breakfast, snack, dessert? Take your pick with this one!



Chocolate and Raspberry Calzones are a fun sweet twist on an Italian classic. Hands up who wants to try this dessert pizza?!

Sweet Gifts - below are a few different ideas on a number of gift ideas. Not only will these easy recipes save you a lot on Valentine's chocolates but the extra effort will go a long way.



Fudge is a surprisingly easy treat to bake. It doesn't take much hands-on time, there are hardly any ingredients, and the results are delightful.



Stored in the refrigerator, these truffles will keep very well for a good long while. This makes them a fantastic homemade gift. That and we all know that peanut butter and chocolate is a universal favorite.



These chocolate coated strawberry bars take only 10 minutes to make and are a deliciously cute Valentine's Day sweet treat.



This no bake slice has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. It's perfect for any occasion and your love will be delighted to receive these delightful bars on Valentine's Day.

Desserts - what better way to end a romantic day with your love than with a beautiful dessert. Here are my top picks for Valentine's Day



This no-bake cheesecake, with dark, milk, and white chocolate layers, is my honeys favorite, and maybe yours too. With TRIPLE the chocolate, what more could you ask from a dessert?



This cake makes a stunning dessert, and a healthier alternative than most other desserts in this round-up. I adore the layers of this cake - the bottom vanilla cake, the middle apple layer, the crunchy crumble, and the lovely fresh strawberries. 



This mousse is quick and easy to throw together and the perfect way to end a meal. It's light, fluffy, and oh so decadent.



The star of these tarts is the delicious, no bake Nutella filling. Quick and easy to prepare with either homemade or store brought pastry shells. 



It's rich, fudgy, chocolately, delicious, and EASY: Gluten Free Belgian Chocolate Cake. You don't have to follow a gluten free diet to enjoy this decadent dessert. The omission of flour gives this cake the most beautiful texture. Somewhere between a cake and a brownie.



Imagining biting into a beautiful, moist chocolate muffin to find the delicious crunch of a Ferrero Rocher Chocolate... Who wouldn't enjoy that? Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a beautiful dessert.

12 comments:

  1. I am single but I will make one of these for myself hopefully! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Tatiana :) I hope you will enjoy whatever you make for yourself!

      Delete
  2. What a great roundup!! All look so delicious.... but I think my favorites are the Hazelnut Tartlets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Winnie :) I was very excited to post my first round-up! Oh the Hazelnut Tartlets are really yummy, and so simple to make too!

      Delete
  3. Great round up Nicole! I don't know which one I'd make first, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want to make the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake! Nettie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my finaces favorite! Such a fun recipe to make :)

      Delete
  5. I am so excited you created this collection Nicole...it showcases your recipes beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Linda! I had so much fun putting this together :)

      Delete
  6. wow everything looks so tasty - great roundup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love this article so much! All the pictures look wonderful and very tempting!! Plus you published it on my birthday, so it's even better ;)

    ReplyDelete