I am entering this recipe in the Sweet New Zealand event. I was just told about this monthly blogging event today while tracking down New Zealand bloggers to connect with. I am so excited to start participating in this wonderful event! The host of this months (April 2014) event is Marnelli at Sweets and Brains. If you would like to enter as well, you can do so here.
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
350 g Chocolate biscuits
100 g Butter, melted
1 Terry's Chocolate Orange (or 175 g of orange milk chocolate, or milk chocolate and 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice)
500 g cream cheese
1/3 Cup caster sugar
1 Cup whipped cream
finely grated zest of 1 orange
1. In a food processor, process the biscuits to a crumb. Add the melted butter and process until well combined. Press into the base and up the sides of a 22-cm springform cake tin. Place in the refrigerator to chill while making the cheesecake filling.
2. Whip the cream cheese and sugar until light and pale (and not clumpy).
3. Melt the chocolate orange either in the microwave or in a saucepan over a low heat. Keep 2 or so pieces of the choc orange aside for grating over the finished cheesecake.
4. Gently fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, mix in the grated orange zest. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Pour into the prepared base, cover, and chill until set (a few hours). Great extra chocolate over the top prior to serving.