Monday 23 December 2013

Mushroom Macaroni

I briefly saw a recipe a few weeks ago for a mushroom mac and cheese and thought it sounded great. As I am currently on holiday I have been looking for quick and easy dinners that are still tasty enough to keep everyone happy. I thought I would try out my own version of a mushroom mac and cheese, so here it is! (Since I think I have been over doing the sweets a bit lately).



 Mushroom Macaroni


Serves 4-6

400 g macaroni
2 Cloves garlic, finely diced
250 g lite cream cheese
1/2 Cup cream
125 g Camembert, white part removed.
100 g Edam, grated (plus extra for sprinkling)
400 g mushrooms (I used white button, Portobello, and shiitake)
1 tsp (or thereabouts) dried chilli flakes
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 Cup breadcrumbs

1. Cook the macaroni, according to the package instructions.

2. Dice the mushrooms. Whip the cream cheese until light, add chilli flakes and ground black pepper.

3. Heat a small amount of vegetable or olive oil in a large saucepan, add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the cream cheese, cream, camembert, and edam. Cook over a medium heat until the cheese has melted.

4. Stir through the macaroni and coat well. Pour into a casserole/oven proof dish. Coat with breadcrumbs and edam cheese and bake until golden (about 15 minutes).



No comments:

Post a Comment