Saturday 26 October 2013

Pineapple Cheesecake

My boyfriend and I love pineapple and love cheesecake so I thought why not try a pineapple cheesecake? I don't even know what to say about it, I think the pictures speak for themselves!

One thing I will say, this cheesecake turned out to be quite nice and light which makes a change from most cheesecakes which are very heavy. I liked this! However, I can see it being dangerous as it means you could probably eat a heap more of this than a regular cheesecake.

Cheesecakes are seriously easy to make, so why not give this one a go!




Pineapple Cheesecake


Serves 12

350 g shortbread cookies
100 g butter, softened
250 g lite cream cheese
1/2 Cup icing sugar
1 1/2 Cups cream, whipped
432 g tin crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
3 Tbsp pineapple juice
Pineapple lumps to decorate (If you can get them!)

1. Process the cookies to a crumb in a food processor. Add the butter and combine well. Press into the base of a springform cake tin lined with baking paper. Refrigerate while making the filling.

2. Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, and pineapple juice until thick and creamy. Mix in the crushed pineapple and fold in the whipped cream with a wooden spoon.

3. Spread over the base and chill until set. Before serving, crush or roughly chop the pineapple lumps and sprinkle them over top.

Nutritional Information:

Calories 360
Carbs    25 g
Fat        28 g
Protein  3 g
Sodium  195 mg


No comments:

Post a Comment