Monday 16 September 2013

Super Easy Raspberry Coulis

I am posting this recipe first as I am excited and want to post something and I know this one off the top of my head.

This raspberry coulis (syrup) recipe is really quick, easy, and delicious! It would work well with any sort of berry, both fresh and frozen. I used frozen raspberries here.

3 Cups Raspberries (Fresh or frozen)
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar (Normal sugar would work too, just heat the syrup more to make sure it dissolves)
2 Tbsp Water

1. Put everything in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.

2. Simmer for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved

3. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds (Seeds? Pips? I don't know what to call them!)

4. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for about two weeks

You could find all sorts of uses for this. Over desserts, ice cream, pancakes, waffles... Be careful not to just eat it as is! It's so tasty that you may be tempted!

1 comment: